Car Rental Terms
Experienced car renters (in the UK or overseas) will be used to comparing car hire terms. For new renters we offer this quick summary for assistance and to hopefully prevent any unexpected "surprises"; however please check you are happy with all terms.
Because we search multiple quality suppliers some conditions vary but you wil be able to see the specific details relating to each car hire agreement once you have performed the availability search by selecting "Rate Details"
Since these are major car hire suppliers with modern car fleets and international reputations you should expect
Things to consider
- Drivers Age; There may be exclusions or surcharges (probably paid locally) for younger drivers; typically below 25.
- Licence Status; Time held; usually minimum 1 year and any serious (e.g. drink drive) endorsements. For UK licences ensure you have both parts.
- Additional Driver/s; normally attract a paid locally supplement.
- Collision Damage Waiver; check the excess; You will also have the option when booking of taking out excess insurance cover at only £4.73 per day, considerably less than if it is offered at the time of collection.
- Other Insurance Terms; check carefully. It is likely you will be responsible for damage to things such as tyres, windscreens etc.
- Options; these includes things such as child/booster seats, ski racks etc. and are generally payable locally.
- Fuel Policy; a collect full/return full is preferred by many renters.
- Cross Border Conditions; normally restricted.
- Credit Card; you can book your car hire with credit or debit card. However at the time of collection you will need a credit card (in drivers name) against which a retention will be logged to cover excess and fuel. Check type of cards acceptable (e.g. Amex, Visa etc.)
- Car Type; this is generally of a defined level rather than specific model.
- Voucher; you will need this at the time of collection; makes sense to print out a spare and pack seperately?
Cartrawler Booking Terms/Cancellation
If you cancel a booking within 7 days of the booking and atleast 48 hours before the rental is due to commence then no cancellation fee will be charged by Cartrawler and you will receive a full refund. After 7 days an administration & card processing fee applies; up to 48 hours before initial rental date.